You'll most definitely want to visit the London Bridge! And the information center doubles as a museum with artifacts, pictures, and even blueprints of how the bridge was moved from London, England to Lake Havasu. Best of all, admission is free!
Free souvenirs in the desert...or as the locals might call it 'rockhounding'. Collect gems as you wonder around the desert. We found lots of turquoise during our visit!
A number of people like to hike the desert, and it's easy to find a trail. Here's a list of some of the best trails. If you would prefer hiking with someone who is experienced, contact one of the popular hiking clubs in the area.
One rare find in Lake Havasu City is 23 lighthouses. Each lighthouse is a 1/3 replica of a famous lighthouse on the West Coast, East Coast or the Great Lakes.
Annual FREE Events:
- Check out the Havasu Balloon Festival - January
- Buses by the Bridge - VW Bus Festival - January
- Annual Winterfest - February
- London Bridge Model Boat Race - February
- Annual Geocache Desert Bash - March
- Desert Storm Street Party/Poker Run - April
- July 4th Fireworks Show
- Relics & Rods Run to the Sun - October
- Main Street Halloween Fright Night
- Veterans Day Parade
- Boat Parade of Lights - December
- Festival of Lights November - January
Free parks, beaches and fishing docks:
- Rotary Park
- London Bridge Beach
- Bill Williams National Wildlife Refuge
- Havasu National Wildlife Refuge/Catfish Pardise
- Havasu Springs
- Mesquite Bay
- Site Six
- Natical Beachfront Resort: Pool is free, non-guests must be 21+
- Visit Oatman, Arizona on Route 66. Watch as the wild burrows wonder the streets and see a live gunfight.
- Parker Dam
- Havasu Landing Resort and Casino
- Historic Route 66 Museum -Kingman, AZ