The park is known for it's sandstone cliffs that overlook Sugar Creek, incredible ravines, rock formations and gorges.
Shades State Park is a favorite for hikers as it has several trails ranging from easy to rugged, and from .5 miles to 2.5 miles in length.
Pine Hills Nature Preserve - self-guided nature trail thru amazing rock formations known as backbones - gigantic rock walls with narrow trails along the tops.
- Devil's Punchbowl - hollowed-out bowl in the rock formations
- Silver Cascade Falls - waterfalls
- Lover's Leap, Steamboat Rock, Maidenhair Falls - located on Trail 2
- Turkey Backbone and Devil's Backbone - two of the popular backbone formations
- camping - non-electric sites
- Rotary Jail Museum - One of 7 in the country
- Linden Depot Museum - Admission only $4
- Myers Dinner Theatre
What's FREE to See!
- Ropkey Armor Museum
- Carnegie Museum of Montgomery County
- Deer's Mill Covered Bridge and Darlington Covered Bridge
To find out what's FREE to See during your visit, check out the Montgomery County Calendar of Events!
Indiana State Parks